Stupid!


Out of curiosity, what is a MS flare-up like in your world?  Have you ever had one?
My first one was, well, there I go using that word again.  It was scary.  I awoke & could not talk, walk. I still had my mind.  However; no signals were getting to the brain.  I could see & hear what was going on around me, but I couldn’t respond. I don’t know why, but my husband took me to the bathroom & sat me on the toilet.  I fell; I couldn’t even sit up by myself.  It was by God’s Grace that I wasn’t hurt. You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus” 2nd Timothy 2:1

I couldn’t walk, talk or think but God allowed the first thing on my mind to be, oh Lord.  I thought, oh Lord, do I have to spend the rest of my life like this?  I remember thinking, my God is bigger than this.  MS that is. I also remember thinking about John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly”.  I could hear God saying, I’m the physician who heals thee. Exodus 15:26 “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”

I don’t know how long this stupider lasted. I use that word because that is how I felt, STUPID! What I do know is I was down for a week; it probably could/would have lasted longer but I forced myself to return to work.  From that point forward, I can’t be responsible for nothing because how I feel changes daily from good to bad and to what I call “umph”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful

I Wanna Go

What Is This?

FYI

Family

It's Getting Hot In Here, AGAIN

A Teaching Moment

Less Of Me...