A Teaching Moment

The biggest mistake that people make or don’t realize is there is a mental aspect to MS.  After three years, I believe, that is where some of us fail.  With or without the disease, it can be complicated to grasp it all.  As people, we get set in our ways & want to do things a certain way.  Well, you better learn another way because MS sets out to ruin what you’re use to.

In knowing about the mental aspect of MS, I have to constantly remind myself that God said, You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You” Isaiah 26:3. In my words, I fill my mind with God’s Word so that I have no room for whatever MS tries to throw at me.

You have to define what mental means to you. MS affect us all differently.  For those of you that don’t know; mental can be stressed, depressed, overwhelmed, brain fog, etc. Whatever it is there is no pill for this. You have to find what works for you. I think some people crash & burn because they try to deal with MS in their own strength.

If my life could talk, it would tell you that on some days, I’m overwhelmed & fed up with this MS thing.  In the midst of it all I sometime lose sight of how Big God really is.  I got to stay focus.  Stay focused on God that is.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. " Psalm 37:23-24

Comments

Post a Comment