Livin


I was talking to my niece today & she asked me, what did I have plan for today?  I had to explain to her that with being diagnosed with MS, my days are based on how I feel.

If I don’t feel it, I don’t do it.  The only thing that I do even when I don’t feel up to it is, get the Tysabri treatment.  (Read more @ Tysabrihcp.com).  This medication does not change the way I feel.  It does what it is designed to do and that is slow down the progression of the disease.  Once I understood that, I could deal with getting it better.

On most days I feel fatigue, pain, pens & needles feeling in my feet.  The pain is never in the same place.  It could be in hands, feet, legs, back, head, eyes, face or whatever MS decides to do on that day.  I like to use the terms that MS is sneaky and unpredictable.  I never know what I’m dealing with.

In not knowing what I’m dealing with concerning this disease; however I do know who knows all about it.  Nothing can happen to me without going through God’s hands first.  “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”  Deuteronomy 31:8

Oh, I forgot to mention that my balance is way off.  I cannot leave home without my cane.  Around the house I use the walker, because it has a seat on it which allows me to maneuver around the house cleaning, cooking & when needed, I can sit down.  If I cannot walk at all I use my wheel chair. During my research I found The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America to be very helpful.  If you need help with equipment, educational tools, volunteering, MRI, etc., check out MSAA. There is help out there for people with MS, you or your care taker must be willing to put in the work.

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”
Isaiah 6:3


Comments

  1. ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful

What Is This?

It's Getting Hot In Here, AGAIN

Golden

What Not To Do

Testimony Tuesday

God Is

Stupid!

A Teaching Moment