Be Still!

One of the hardest things about being diagnosed with MS is learning to live with it.  Honestly, I don’t think I have learned.  I did learn that one of the first things that you must master is managing.  That is learn to manage time, energy, memory, limitations, space.  I probably forgot somethings but what I’m saying is, you start to look at people, places, and things differently. What use to be important now all of a sudden it is what it is. In other words, you start to put things in its perspective place.

I can’t tell you what perspective is for you because when it comes to MS, it deals with each of us differently. I like to call it a personal disease. I was going to write some other things but as I sit here thinking about MS, I can hear God saying Ruth be thankful in all things.  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1st Thessalonians 5:18

However; through it all, I don’t complain about the situation because I have help.  Help in the Holy Spirit. “Jesus said, nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.  John 16:7

In dealing with the daily challenges of MS, trying to manage it all, I figured out that my greatest conflicts are identical?  Both require an action to the invisible. They are faith & fear.  Faith is God said it & I believe it.  “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”.  Hebrew 11:1

Fear is a liar.   “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” 2nd Timothy 1:7

No matter what the doctor has diagnosed, God will calm the storm.  A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped.  Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm”.  Mark 4:37-39

“Be still, and know that I am God”
Psalm 46:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful

What Is This?

It's Getting Hot In Here, AGAIN

Golden

What Not To Do

Testimony Tuesday

God Is

Stupid!

A Teaching Moment