Popular posts from this blog
It's Already Done!
This is a ministering moment. A moment of encouragement. I do a lot of that. Whatever works for you; I suggest that you use it because MS can & will walk all over you. I was sitting here mediating on the Word of God. Not questioning Him, but wondering why me; MS & Tysabri invading my space. I’m not questioning God because I know none of this could happen without going through God’s hands first. If He allowed this to happen then He must have a plan cause I don’t have a clue. Outside of that, I could hear God say, you have to go through the fire but you won’t get burnt. He said I won’t pull you out of the fire but I will get into it with you. Read your bible @ Daniel 3 about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. God said, Ruth, I’ll be with you always. Matthew 28:20 “ teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. I read a devotion...
A WORD TO THE WISE!
I believe that prayer is a vital part of a successful marriage, because I invite Christ into my marriage to shape each of us as He desires. It is not up to me to change and shape my husband, it is up to Christ, after all He knows so much better than I do. I believe I can bring good to my husband through prayer. Prayer for his integrity, his strengths, his weaknesses, his walk, his work – for every aspect of His life.
In The Know
In the midst of doing research, I found an article about using sleep deprivation for severe depression. It stated that sleep deprivation has a total opposite effect in healthy people then those with depression. The article said if you are healthy and don’t sleep, you develop an attitude but if you are depressed, it can improve your mood/cognitive behavior. I had to share for a couple of reasons: I thought it was funny because if I read in to it, “I’m healthy & I’m not depressed”. Because when I’m tired or sleepy; I quickly get an attitude and I’m going to sleep. Depression is a part of MS. My opinion is that, we will all deal with it in one way or the other. This is all my perception of the article. Check it out at Healthline . “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety”. Psalm 4:8 on WebMD , studies show, it’s possible that vitamin D can ease MS symptoms. Researchers find that those with high...
Itchy & Scratchy
MS Itch has me feeling like I'm in "The Itchy & Scratchy Show". MS is Itchy & I'm Scratchy! I was reading this article about the MS itch. I don't know what site I was on. My point is, I would not call it an itch. My experience is, it feels more like a burning sensation. So uncomfortable that it feels as if someone is holding a match to my skin. Yes, I scratch because it's bothersome and I want the feeling to go away. I only get this feeling in my legs and feet. One day I felt so uncomfortable that I told myself I was going to cut my legs off & call myself shorty. 😊 I have to make lite of it all because I do not want to be moved by my circumstances. I do have some relief; I use medicated cream. The cream helps for about 6-8 hours or so. “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:7...
To bring you up where I am, I was diagnosed with MS in 2015. I must say that there is a link between MS & depression. Needless to say I was feeling some kind of way, but I’m so glad that I know Jesus. I had to remind myself that God promises to keep me in perfect peace if I keep my mind stayed on Him. “ You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3. With that being said, God brought to my mind several scriptures: Psalm 125:1 “ Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.” Isaiah 40:31 “ but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. He also said, “ But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord , whose confidence is in him.” Jeremiah 17:7. ...
Don't Hesitate!
After receiving a small glimpse into the diversity of others diagnosed with MS; I realized one thing, MS does not discriminate. The fury of MS can be unleashed on anybody; at anytime, no matter who you are or your walk in life. After analyzing it all, my first thought was WOW. I also thought about Mathew 5:45 where God says, “That you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
Where Did It Come From?
As I said before, there is no rhyme or reasoning to my blogging. None of this is in chronical order. I write as it is on my mind. When the doctor first diagnosed MS, while waiting for test results; he said something to the effect of if I don’t have it; he might as well retire. I thought 4 things: (1) well, you idiot, you better go ahead home cause I DO NOT HAVE MS! (2) How will I manage it all? (3) How will it affect my husband? (4) God, what are You saying? I was afraid. Afraid of the unknown. Isaiah 43:1 “B ut now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Traveling through this journey, the only comfort that I have is knowing that God; created me, redeemed me, knows my name, is with me. Otherwise I would have thrown up my hands & given up by now. Oh, after three years, I still don’t know what God is tr...
Not My Battle
I've been blogging for a while now and I feel like I've have been babbling on. I read something that sums up what I've been trying to say which is: The only thing that I don't agree with is THIS IS NOT MY FIGHT. The battle belongs to Jesus. “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. " 2nd Chronicles 20:15 “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14
The Gift of a Relationship
The Gift of a Relationship Ruth and I have chosen to put our trust in Jesus not man. When people are faced with a life time of hardships, many will turn to religion, but religion is not the answer, a relationship with Jesus is. I believe that we must develop a relationship with our creator. Religion only gives us guidelines to live by, because religion in no more than rules and regulations to live by. A relationship on the other hand will occupy every part of your being. Relationships are intimate, up close and personal. An intimate relationship with Jesus is no differences from what we have with other closest friends and family members. The only difference is the way we get to know Jesus; through his word ( the Bible ). He already knows us: “ I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb, before you were born I set you apart ” Jeremiah 1:5 . In life people can and often do let us down, things change. Someone might say their willing but when it comes time...

Comments
Post a Comment