"Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" Isaiah 53:1
Brain Fog. What?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I experience this one every day. I guess this is my
new way of living. I haven't done any research, all I know is how I
feel. Brain fog played a major factor in being unable to work.
As I said earlier, I felt stuck because heat & MS don't mix. Which leaves me in the house wishing that I was in a room without a roof. In other words, I wanted to go outside to get some air & a little sun. I had the opportunity to go out and I enjoyed myself. Oh, the heat wasn't to bad either. Point being is, I went shopping, well, window shopping 😄. While in the store looking at the clothes and noticing how people were dressed around me, I thought I need some new clothes or shorten it up a little bit. While I was thinking about new clothes, God said, Ruth, " Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands."...
As I said before, there is no rhyme or reasoning to my blogging. None of this is in chronical order. I write as it is on my mind. When the doctor first diagnosed MS, while waiting for test results; he said something to the effect of if I don’t have it; he might as well retire. I thought 4 things: (1) well, you idiot, you better go ahead home cause I DO NOT HAVE MS! (2) How will I manage it all? (3) How will it affect my husband? (4) God, what are You saying? I was afraid. Afraid of the unknown. Isaiah 43:1 “B ut now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Traveling through this journey, the only comfort that I have is knowing that God; created me, redeemed me, knows my name, is with me. Otherwise I would have thrown up my hands & given up by now. Oh, after three years, I still don’t know what God is tr...
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ” 1st Corinthians 13:4-7 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. ” Romans 8:18
“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 “For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:14-19
The thing about being diagnosed with MS; I don't have to go off of someone else's testimony. I know God for myself. I know that He's a Way maker. I know that He's a Shield. I know that He's a Provider. I know that He's a Healer. I know He's a Protector. He is a Wonderful Counselor. I know that He is the Alpha & Omega. God is Good. God is Real. God is Love. God is my Light in this web of chronic disease of MS. God is Able. God is my Father, my Friend, God is my Husband. God is my Joy. God is my Strength. My God is my Today & Tomorrow. God is a Promise Keeper; He never come short of His Word. God is my all and all! Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27
I was reading a blog on MS.net titled MS and Jealously. The blogger talked about sometime being jealous of family, friends, and strangers because they are doing the things that he once did. However, we all know that once diagnosed things change. Life as you once knew it is of the past. He also warned that the anger can turn into depression. MS makes me feel like I am fighting for my life. I also came to the conclusion that, I’m not created to be like everyone else. With or without MS, I’m different and will stand out in a crowd. I can’t say much about what I read in the blog because MS has not touched my life in the way that he wrote about. With that being said, I will be extremely careful and extremely aware about what I allow in my mind to think about and what I choose to dwell on. God says in Proverbs 3:27, "as a man thinks in his heart, so is he." God tells us what we should dwell on in Philippians 4:8. “Finally, brothers ...
Well, I'm stuck again and this hot, dry weather isn't helping. We are in a heat wave so all activities must be inside with AC & fans going. I'll miss a few family, friend functions but honestly its not worth it. It's so hot that sometimes I don't even want to think. It just takes too much energy. With a MS diagnoses, it is like being in a fight. The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” EXODUS 33:14
I believe that prayer is a vital part of a successful marriage, because I invite Christ into my marriage to shape each of us as He desires. It is not up to me to change and shape my husband, it is up to Christ, after all He knows so much better than I do. I believe I can bring good to my husband through prayer. Prayer for his integrity, his strengths, his weaknesses, his walk, his work – for every aspect of His life.
I don’t always feel like smiling, or doing the things I know to be right. I don’t always feel peace & joy. There are moments I feel like crying, I feel like I’m about to break or my earth is about to shake. The harder I try the worse it gets, and failure is on my back. I had rough mornings in which turns into rough days which ends as a rough week. But in those times, I press on. What and how I’m feeling is a part of living life with MS, but I won’t allow it to STOP MY LIFE. I refuse to park here. I’m going to release these feelings back to the pit of hell. I won’t always feel and sometimes I don’t look like I’m fearfully and wonderfully made, BUT I AM…… “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”. Psalm 139:14
Comments
Post a Comment