In The Know


In the midst of doing research, I found an article about using sleep deprivation for severe depression.  It stated that sleep deprivation has a total opposite effect in healthy people then those with depression. The article said if you are healthy and don’t sleep, you develop an attitude but if you are depressed, it can improve your mood/cognitive behavior.

I had to share for a couple of reasons:  I thought it was funny because if I read in to it, “I’m healthy & I’m not depressed”.  Because when I’m tired or sleepy; I quickly get an attitude and I’m going to sleep. Depression is a part of MS.  My opinion is that, we will all deal with it in one way or the other.

This is all my perception of the article.  Check it out at Healthline.

“In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety”.
Psalm 4:8


on WebMD, studies show, it’s possible that vitamin D can ease MS symptoms. Researchers find that those with higher levels had fewer problems than those with lower levels of vitamin D.  If  I understood the article correctly, it's not clear how vitamin D helps. This article was funny too.  I laughed because my husband told me that my vitamin D level was low. He said it’s low because I’m not taking the vitamin as the doctor instructed.  I don’t think that any of our levels are where they should be.  Either we get too much vitamin D or not enough.



On Supportgroups something else caught my attention, the article entitled “Making a Commitment to not be Ashamed of who we are”.  In my words, why do we always tell people that we are ok when we’re not? We are faking being well.  After reading it, I thought about this picture. 
What  this says to me is; this is how most of us live.  We live with our mask on. The difference between her & us, is her mask is falling off and ours is still intact. So we think!

"If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves”.
Galatians 6:3







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful

I Wanna Go

What Is This?

FYI

Family

It's Getting Hot In Here, AGAIN

A Teaching Moment

Less Of Me...