Tired?


Fatigue is another hurdle that I must jump over if I’m going to have more control over how MS affects my life.  I do light exercise and I recognized that exercise has many benefits for people with MS, including improvements in strength, balance, muscle stiffness, and bowel and bladder control. It can also reduce MS spasticity and may improve or delay cognitive impairment.

Yes, I do experience some type of fatigue.  I like to describe it as a different kind of tired. It goes behind what a person feels on a daily basis. 

After reading Healthline, I learned that there are different types of fatigue:
            Onset
Frequency
Time of day
Progression
Sensitivity to heat
Severity
Effect on activities

To help with fatigue, work with your health care team to ensure you are up for an exercise plan.  To get a better handle on fatigue, Healthline suggest plenty of exercise, preserve your energy, stay cool, therapy, regulate sleep pattern, eat right, avoid unhealthy behaviors, get stress in check, manage your medications.

“Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; Thereby good will come to you.” 
Job 22:21

Comments

  1. Mirror; Mirror, on the wall, I’ll always get up after I fall. Whether you run, walk, or have crawl. Set your goals and achieve them all. We don’t grown when things are easy. We grow as we press our way through the challenges. LOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment