Family


It appears that Satan is on the attack against families. Anything that God holds honorable in His eyes, Satan tries to tear down. Satan is working overtime to create discord within families. Satan knows our weaknesses because he has sat around and listened to us for years. He puts a thought in our mind. We think that it is our thought so we say what we are thinking. The fight starts but God tells us, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" Ephesians 6:12.  Knowing we are in a battle against the forces of darkness, that is why God says, “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand” Ephesians 6:13.

For true accountability, there must be a serious level of transparency, made visible by light shining through from within. Jesus is that Light! John 8:12 “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Accountability reduces conflict. If applied according to God’s Word, it is a family blessing. When we see others as God does, it’s then, that we see His power.

As family we must hold each other accountable using wisdom. God has called me to bond with people who will encourage my better behaviors. Family, we eventually take on the characteristics of our environment. For excellence we must find some excellence to hang around, seek out deep people.



Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” In other words, I must make sure I’m walking with someone that will help me in my commitments and not someone that will encourage me to go against God's Word. Hebrews 10:24 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”

Accountability is a process!
Define accountability – a 14 letter word…….
Responsibility
Answerability
Liability
The quality or state of being accountable
An obligation or willingness to accept responsibility
To account for one's actions



Comments

  1. Hey, I even have looking your article and that helped me to put in writing my article about chronic back pain causes you want to have a test on my article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful

I Wanna Go

What Is This?

FYI

It's Getting Hot In Here, AGAIN

A Teaching Moment

Less Of Me...