Ruth, this is a good example of your faith and Spiritual well being. Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; Believing is not exactly the same as faith. For belief to be faith, it must rely on what is certainly true. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 1:11. There's no time for evidence collection, to wait, to hear, for certainty. Just keep walking in your faith and Jesus will manifest himself in your situation.
I believe that prayer is a vital part of a successful marriage, because I invite Christ into my marriage to shape each of us as He desires. It is not up to me to change and shape my husband, it is up to Christ, after all He knows so much better than I do. I believe I can bring good to my husband through prayer. Prayer for his integrity, his strengths, his weaknesses, his walk, his work – for every aspect of His life.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ” 1st Corinthians 13:4-7 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. ” Romans 8:18
To bring you up where I am, I was diagnosed with MS in 2015. I must say that there is a link between MS & depression. Needless to say I was feeling some kind of way, but I’m so glad that I know Jesus. I had to remind myself that God promises to keep me in perfect peace if I keep my mind stayed on Him. “ You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3. With that being said, God brought to my mind several scriptures: Psalm 125:1 “ Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.” Isaiah 40:31 “ but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. He also said, “ But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord , whose confidence is in him.” Jeremiah 17:7. ...
Early in the diagnosis of MS a friend told me that she was having a problem with button up shirts and I didn't understand so I just listened to her story. My point is, today, I GET IT! It takes me 30 minutes to button my shirt; 45 or so just to zipen my coat. I can't be that person that says, I can't do it. I have to try!
Mu ch to my annoyance, I like my music up loud, my husband told me that I was noisy. Lately, my tolerance level is low for loud sounds. It is too much. Today as I was reading Very Well Health , I noticed information about hearing and MS. The article is one of those things that make you go MMM. Being of age can have something to do with aggravation to loud sounds. Consequently, Very Well Health states that sensitivity to loud sounds can become m ore prominent in MS patients. I got one question. Is there any part of the body that MS doesn’t try to invade? I’m a very private person and for me to share space with MS, well, it’s just too much. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God”. Romans 10:17
Do you know who you are? I am a child of God (John 1:12) “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” I am a friend of God (John 15:15) "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” I am complete in Jesus ( Colossians 2:10) “You are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.” Yes I can (Philippians 4:13) “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
I don’t always feel like smiling, or doing the things I know to be right. I don’t always feel peace & joy. There are moments I feel like crying, I feel like I’m about to break or my earth is about to shake. The harder I try the worse it gets, and failure is on my back. I had rough mornings in which turns into rough days which ends as a rough week. But in those times, I press on. What and how I’m feeling is a part of living life with MS, but I won’t allow it to STOP MY LIFE. I refuse to park here. I’m going to release these feelings back to the pit of hell. I won’t always feel and sometimes I don’t look like I’m fearfully and wonderfully made, BUT I AM…… “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”. Psalm 139:14
The biggest mistake that people make or don’t realize is there is a mental aspect to MS. After three years, I believe, that is where some of us fail. With or without the disease, it can be complicated to grasp it all. As people, we get set in our ways & want to do things a certain way. Well, you better learn another way because MS sets out to ruin what you’re use to. In knowing about the mental aspect of MS, I have to constantly remind myself that God said, “ You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You” Isaiah 26:3. In my words, I fill my mind with God’s Word so that I have no room for whatever MS tries to throw at me. You have to define what mental means to you. MS affect us all differently. For those of you that don’t know; mental can be stressed, depressed, overwhelmed, brain fog, etc. Whatever it is there is no pill for this. You have to find what works for you. I think some people crash ...
Ruth, this is a good example of your faith and Spiritual well being. Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; Believing is not exactly the same as faith. For belief to be faith, it must rely on what is certainly true. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 1:11. There's no time for evidence collection, to wait, to hear, for certainty. Just keep walking in your faith and Jesus will manifest himself in your situation.
ReplyDelete