Ruth, this is a good example of your faith and Spiritual well being. Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; Believing is not exactly the same as faith. For belief to be faith, it must rely on what is certainly true. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 1:11. There's no time for evidence collection, to wait, to hear, for certainty. Just keep walking in your faith and Jesus will manifest himself in your situation.
I don’t always feel like smiling, or doing the things I know to be right. I don’t always feel peace & joy. There are moments I feel like crying, I feel like I’m about to break or my earth is about to shake. The harder I try the worse it gets, and failure is on my back. I had rough mornings in which turns into rough days which ends as a rough week. But in those times, I press on. What and how I’m feeling is a part of living life with MS, but I won’t allow it to STOP MY LIFE. I refuse to park here. I’m going to release these feelings back to the pit of hell. I won’t always feel and sometimes I don’t look like I’m fearfully and wonderfully made, BUT I AM…… “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”. Psalm 139:14
I read Isaiah 41:13 today and I was blessed by what God said to me & I would like to share it with you. “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” With the heat, humidity outside today and the MS cold; these words take authority over the way I feel because I know that I have help and I do not have to fight this battle. All I have to do is stand still because He says, “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10 BE BLESSED!
After receiving a small glimpse into the diversity of others diagnosed with MS; I realized one thing, MS does not discriminate. The fury of MS can be unleashed on anybody; at anytime, no matter who you are or your walk in life. After analyzing it all, my first thought was WOW. I also thought about Mathew 5:45 where God says, “That you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
MS has taught me many things and a few of them are: Everyone has obstacles to overcome, I must be grateful, Thank God for the small triumphs. " Rejoice always, pray continually, give t hanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. " 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18 Life is full of setbacks and turn arounds. Life is like a piano, it all depends on how you play it. However God said that if I keep my mind stayed on Him, He'll keep me in perfect peace.
There is hope for MS patients and others with a chronic disease because God said, " And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." ... 1 Peter 5:10
I must say that sometimes how or what I write may not be proper English. I usually write the way it is on my mind. It all depends on the way that I feel & I'm not always feeling proper or as some may call it, NORMAL. What's that? I was talking to a friend today; it was a refreshing conversation. I admire her, she get it. She reached out to me when the doctor first diagnosed MS. She gives me a lot of good information concerning the disease. I’M GRATEFUL! I said all that to say, it’s good to find someone that can relate to MS. Experience has taught me that most people don’t get it unless they are walking in it. In other words, unless the doctor has diagnosed them. “ Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. ” Proverbs 13:20 I read another good article about how MS can and does affect social lives. I was on Healthline.com.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ” 1st Corinthians 13:4-7 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. ” Romans 8:18
I'm very fond of birds. I have always seen birds as a sign of life. I have 3 parrots; 2 Love Birds and 1 African Grey. The love birds are just that. The female laid 6 eggs. Every time I go into the room, I try to peek in the cage and see how many eggs hatched. However I'm unable to see because the mother bird is protective; she sits on top of her babies to ensure their safety. The moment I saw the bird's reaction God brought to my attention Psalm 91:4 “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
Ruth, this is a good example of your faith and Spiritual well being. Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; Believing is not exactly the same as faith. For belief to be faith, it must rely on what is certainly true. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 1:11. There's no time for evidence collection, to wait, to hear, for certainty. Just keep walking in your faith and Jesus will manifest himself in your situation.
ReplyDelete