I'm Not Going To Be In A Battle About It

I read this quote that went something like, pigeons flock together but eagles fly alone.  I think I’ll fly like an eagle. “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”  Isaiah 40:31.

If you are listening, everything is heighten with MS.  What I mean is, if you get a cold or have a few choice words with someone; well with MS you get more than just that cold or a difference with someone.  Everything effects MS one way or the other.  Whatever the effect is, it’s usually not in the best interest of the person with MS.

Is a person supposed to build a house inside a plastic bubble?  In life, you will be on the mountain top and at times, you can be in the valley low. The real question is, at what point does a person say enough is an enough?  With my futile mind and basic knowledge of MS, I learned that this is a real fight.  Honestly, I never been a fighter.

I have to go out on the battle field daily because I have been assigned this journey. Two things give me comfort, knowing that this is not my fight & I’m not alone.  I’m shouting, “THIS IS NOT MY BATTLE, IT ALL BELONGS TO THE LORD!”

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world”  John 16:33.




Comments